DARLINGTON COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Darlington Raceway hosts the Official Throwback Weekend of NASCAR Friday through Sunday featuring all three national series.
The Dead On Tools 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race is Friday at 7:30 pm
Mahindra ROXOR 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series race is on Saturday at 1:30 pm
Goodyear 400 NASCAR Cup Series race is on Mother’s Day, Sunday at 3:30 pm
As fans prepare to descend on Darlington Raceway for the eighth annual Official Throwback Weekend of NASCAR, they’ll find a number of activities, from entertainment to up close and personal encounters with NASCAR Hall of Famers and legends, highlighted by the close, hard- fought racing that the track Too Tough To Tame is known for.
“For the Official Throwback Weekend of NASCAR, we will welcome race fans back to Darlington Raceway with more entertainment options than ever before,” said Kerry Tharp, Darlington Raceway President. “Fan activities around the facility will keep fans entertained from the moment they arrive until the intense racing action featuring the debut of the Next Gen race car in Sunday’s Goodyear 400. We’re excited to have a host of NASCAR Hall of Famers and legends join us for our celebratory Throwback Weekend. We even have some exciting surprises to thank our loyal race fans and provide them with the opportunity to create some unexpected memorable moments throughout race week.”
Children from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Pee Dee will be in attendance on Friday, from 4 pm to 6 pm for The NASCAR Foundation’s Speediatrics Fun Day Festival at the College Tailgate Zone adjacent to the track’s administration building on Harry Byrd Highway.
Games, activities, and all manner of fun will be available for the children.
The Darlington Raceway Throwback Parade returns on Saturday at 6 pm for the first time since 2019.
Floats, NASCAR Hall of Famers and legends, a marching band, and beauty queens along with old school vintage vehicles will make their way through the city of Darlington, all the way to the NASCAR Xfinity Garage in the historic Darlington Raceway infield.
Additional opportunities for fans of all ages to have fun and engage with the track will be present throughout race weekend. Some of those go as follows:
- Throughout the weekend, Photo Moments will be held at various locations around track grounds. Fans can be captured with partner frames from Dead On Tools, Mahindra ROXOR and Goodyear. Cup Series driver, Austin Dillon will host a fan photo station at the Goodyear frame on Sunday from 12:15 pm to 12:45 pm Fans can get photos with Austin on a first-come, first serve basis, with only the first 100 getting to photo.
- NASCAR Kids Zone will make its return to the midway throughout Darlington’s Throwback Weekend with mini-golf sets, face painting stations, puzzles, coloring stations and more kid-friendly activities that children of any age can enjoy. Drivers including Noah Gragson will host a kid’s only Q&A Saturday from 11 am to 11:15 am along with Erik Jones, who will make an appearance on behalf of his reading program on Sunday from 12:30 pm to 12:45 pm
- The eNASCAR Retro Arcade Presented by Goodyear, a collaboration between Goodyear and eNASCAR to bring retro racing games to the track, will be featured before the green flag each race day all weekend long. The activation includes iRacing simulators, two tents dedicated to retro arcade consoles like Pac-Man, Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong and vintage arcade chair racing games, Daytona USA and Cruisin’ USA.
- On Friday, fans are encouraged to wear their vintage NASCAR t-shirts to the track for Throwback T-Shirt Night. The track will give away official Darlington Raceway Throwback t-shirts throughout race day.
- Darlington Raceway and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will host a charity cycling event, Too Tough To Ride, on Saturday beginning at 7 am The charity cycling event will benefit the South Carolina Coastal FCA. To register and/or learn more about the event, visit org or darlingtonraceway.com/tootoughtoride.
- Darlington Raceway will gift Mother’s Day pins to honor and recognize mothers on Sunday. Pins will be distributed to the first 3,500 mothers as they enter the gates for the Goodyear 400.
Campers present during the weekend can also expect a few surprises around the campgrounds. The Rvezy Infield Camper Hub will have food, games and a live DJ throughout the weekend along with an appearance from Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 14 Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing in the NASCAR Cup series, to watch the Mahindra ROXOR 200 on Saturday.
Trackside Live will also makes its anticipated return to the heart of the activity in the midway starting Friday. Throughout race weekend, fans will be able to see drivers, personalities, music and all manner of entertainers including:
- Friday 2:30 p.m. Derek Kraus Q&A
- Friday 3:30 p.m. Rory John Zak Band
- Friday 4:30 p.m. Matt DiBenedetto Q&A
- Friday 5:30 p.m. The Travelin’ Kine Band
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. Six String Soldiers Band
- Saturday 10:30 a.m. Myatt Snider Q&A
- Saturday 10:45 a.m. Riley Herbst Q&A
- Saturday 11:15 a.m. 20Ride Band
- Saturday 12:00 p.m. Jeb Burton & Ward Burton Q&A
- Saturday 12:20 p.m. Bobby Labonte & Ron Hornaday Jr. Q&A
- Saturday 4:15 p.m. The Tim Clark Band
- Sunday 9:30 a.m. Bailey Road Band
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. Door, Bumper, Clear Podcast with guests Red Farmer & Donnie Allison
- Sunday 11:45 a.m. Moms of NASCAR Q&A
- Sunday 12:30 p.m. Chris BuescherQ&A
- Sunday 1:00 p.m. Brad Keselowski Q&A
- Sunday, 1:15 p.m. Corey LaJoie’s Stacking Pennies Podcast
- Sunday 2:00 p.m. Dave and the Sol Beats Band
Fans will be able to see local groups perform in the midway at the Group Performance Stage throughout Saturday and Sunday. Schedule is below:
- Saturday, 10:40 a.m. Carolina Forest Performing Arts Academy
- Saturday, 11:00 a.m. Divas of Perfection Dance
- Saturday, 11:20 a.m. Upstate Dance & Baton
- Saturday, 11:40 a.m. Dance Lab
- Saturday, 12:00 p.m. Dance Extraordinaire
- Saturday, 12:20 pm United Dance
- Sunday, 12:00 pm Unique Steps Dance Studio
- Sunday, 12:20 pm Mindy’s Dance Attack
- Sunday, 12:40 p.m. Royal Legacy Dance Academy
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m. Studio Z
- Sunday, 1:20 p.m. Robin’s Dance Academy
- Sunday, 1:40 p.m. Seven Lakes Dance
- Sunday, 2:00 pm Dancers Edge Revolutions
- Sunday, 2:20 p.m. Emerald City Dance Explosions
Stay informed about all activity in and around Darlington Raceway during Throwback Weekend at www.darlingtonraceway.com/fanguide.
NASCAR tickets are available for purchase via phone at 866-459-7223 or online at darlingtonraceway.com.
Copyright 2022 WBF. All rights reserved.